"How to Dance Like a Boss"
Posted Oct 18, 2018 by Kellie Hansen. Filed under Dance Technique
What Makes a Great Jazz Dancer?
Answer: Technique, Ballet Training, Musicality, Artistry and Body Conditioning.
A great jazz dancer owns their dancing with power, technique, confidence, and style. Someone with outstanding technique and a whole bunch of fire!
Jazz dance styles have branched out to many exciting new and different styles like lyrical jazz and JFH (Jazz/Funk/Hip-Hop) and are constantly growing and changing. Versatility is the most important thing for any dancer. You must be able to adapt to any choreographer’s style.
Health and Fitness Benefits
- Increased strength, flexibility, coordination, and endurance.
- The athletic, full-bodied nature of jazz dance develops arm strength from floor work, leg strength from jumps, and core strength from coordinating the limbs. Jazz dance classes consist of stretching sequences that lengthen the larger muscles of the legs and lower back.
- Increased flexibility and range of motion in the hips, shoulders, and spine commonly develop from jazz dance training.
- Besides the strength, flexibility, and coordination developed in jazz dance, the infectious, high-energy rhythmic music of a jazz dance class leads to increased endurance and stamina.
Best Way to become a Great Jazz Dancer?
Answer: Ballet Ballet Ballet!
Ballet has a number of benefits. It improves your line, posture, flexibility, alignment, and strength. It is the foundation and sets you up for other forms like jazz and contemporary. Even hip-hop dancers can benefit from ballet. Ballet can certainly make you an all-around better dancer, and if you give it a chance, it can be fun, too!
Ballet gives dancers a solid foundation of technique, and with that strong base, they can dance other styles.
What Danzart offers to train great Jazz Dancers.
At Danzart we offer a number of classes that continue to extend our Students' dance training.
- Stretch and Conditioning Classes.
- Specialized technique classes.
- Ballet Development programs.
- Our Jazz classes cover all genre's of jazz styles.
- Commonwealth Society of Teachers of Dance Jazz Exams.
- Guest teachers.
- Our studio teachers are ever evolving and studying new jazz styles.
- Acrobatic Classes.
It's not too late to join some of these classes contact email@example.com for further information. We are invested in developing our students and offering the best possible opportunities.